• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Harsh Soaps and Detergents

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivory soap and the tide that comes in the white container. a lot of overly fragrant shit is harsh... i generally wont buy anything i cant take a deep whiff of in the store aisle without choking on the scent

Uhm.... I guess a lot of anti-bacterial stuff is harsh but for good reason. I can only use liquid Tide because my skin breaks out with other stuff. Is that what you are asking?

you can get a lot of alternative soaps now. From dish soap to face soap. All biodegradable and scent free. If you have an alternative market near by im sure they sell some of them.

^ seconded. i recently bought a bottle of arm & hammer detergent in an emergency (i couldn't get to target to buy the method brand i've been using for 3 years now), and god, it's horrible. i'm not used to my clothes having a scent to them at all, and it weirds me out.

however, i have no idea what the OP wants to know, so...

^I make my own castile soap using a coconut oil-based soap, but I put lemongrass oil instead of the usual mint stuff. Well, sometimes I use eucalyptus tea as the liquid so it's a bit mentholated.

For clothes, we use a local soap that is coconut oil based as well. It smells really good, and I'm the sort that gags with the sweetish smell of softener. It cleans really well, doesn't wear clothes out, and is good enough to use on your hair! When I go backpacking I bring only this soap, for my body, hair, and clothes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.